Electronic Hookswitch (EHS), also referred to as Headset Hookswitch Control (HHC), is a feature introduced by several telephone manufacturers which supports electronic control of answering and ending calls. The mechanical HL10 handset lifter is no longer needed for these phones. For Avaya phones, a special line of Plantronics wireless headsets branded for Avaya is a available which supports the EHS feature with selected Avaya phone models. Visit the Comfort Canada Avaya Wireless page for product and compatibility info. Several Cisco phone models also support HHC, and the standard Plantronics CS55, CS70N and SupraPlus CS351N and CS361N wireless headsets support this feature with the addition of an APC-4 cable.
The APC-4 cable enables the Headset Hookswitch Control (HHC) functionality from Plantronics wireless headsets to several Cisco phone models. This allows you to answer and end calls up to 100 metres away from your phone. The Plantronics APC-4 Adapter is plug-and-play with the following Cisco IP phones ONLY - Cisco Unified IP Phone models 7975G, 7965G, 7945G, 7962G, and 7942G. HHC software functionality must be enabled though Cisco Unified Communication Manager Administration application.
- Cisco Headset Hookswitch Control (HHC) adapter transforms your Cisco Unified IP phone experience by extending the advantages of Plantronics professional wireless headset system families
- Supports Plantronics CS50, CS55, CS70N, CS351N, CS361N wireless headset systems, and Plantronics Voyager 510S Bluetooth headset system
- Enables remote ring alert and call answer/end capability on your Plantronics wireless headset, allowing you to move freely throughout the office without missing a call
- Eliminates the need for Plantronics HL10 handset lifter
- Double Y cord: plug 3.5mm end into port under wireless headset charging base, and the modular end into the "phone" port - on opposite Y end plug smoky color modular end into headset port of Cisco phone; plug the other modular end into auxiliary port of Cisco phone
- Once connected, the HHC will send a ringer alert signal to the headset anytime the phone rings, anywhere within a headset's wireless range
- Upon hearing the signal, the headset wearer presses the call control talk button on the headset to answer the call remotely
- To end a call, press the call control button on the headset - the phone will go off and on-hook electronically
- Cable is approx. 120 cm long
- Order p/n 37978-01
••• Comfort Telecommunications Canada Inc. is your one-stop shopping point for Plantronics, Jabra/GN Netcom and ADDCOM telephone headsets, Bluetooth and DECT wireless headset systems, Polycom conference room phones and EnGenius long range cordless phone equipment. We ship country wide to Canadian and USA destinations.
DuoPro®, DuoSet®, Encore®, Firefly™, Mirage®, StarSet®, Supra®, SupraPlus™, TriStar®, and Vista™, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Plantronics, Inc.